"Beauty's where you find it..." - Madonna

Monday 22 February 2010

Tony Hart

WHEN I was little, Tony Hart used to do a weekly children's TV programme about art on BBC1 called Take Hart.

These are the opening credits from an old show.



What I remember best about Take Hart were "the gallery", which displayed the best sent-in work by children around the country, to strains of "The Deer Hunter music" ~ Stanley Myers's Cavatina:



And "Morph" the entertaining little playdough man:

I used to think this "claymation" animation amazing when I was 8 and 9...


Tony Hart died in January 2009, aged 83.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i genuinely adore all your posting style, very remarkable,
don't quit and keep writing simply because it simply that is worth to look through it.
looking forward to see a whole lot more of your posts, stunning day ;)

Anonymous said...

Hallo Gledwood. I'm here to thank you for your comment on my post yesterday and to see whether I have made a huge mistake...I am going to have a tour through now and will be back soon, unless I get hooked on recipes for this that and the other.

Anonymous said...

This is an unusual blog, and that is a good thing, though my computor [Paco] does not take kindly to videos...he is getting on a bit, well, a lot, and tends to shut down on me if I am too demanding. Nevertheless I shall come back again.

Tony Hart was a lovely man, quiet and gentle, all my kids loved him. Now those arty programs for children tend to be busy and loud. Gentle is good.

Couture Carrie said...

Love claymation!

xoxox,
CC